CSCE 598 - Vis - Visualization Algorithms, Technologies and Systems
The goal of this course was to give an introduction to Scientific Visualization. All examples and homeworks were run using Paraview, to give the students something they work with themselves.
I enjoyed making this course, but student uptake was slow, probably to a large extend because there was really no research going on in the department that generated the typical SciVis type of data. Consequently I'm replacing it with a course on Information Visualization.
- Data Types And Structures
- File Representations
- Attribute Mapping
- Scalar FieldV isualization
- Indirect Volume Rendering
- Direct Volume Rendering
- Visualization Systems Structure
- Vector Field Visualization
- Tensor Field Visualization
- Occlusion In Scalar Volume Rendering
CSCE 415/515 or equivalent experience in computer graphics
- Taught in:
Spring 2010,Spring 2011,Spring 2012,Spring 2013